Wednesday, December 21, 2011

for santa...only


i had this card in my mind for a long time, and when i saw the latest challenge at lawnscaping was texture, i was like. yes. it's time to come to fruition! :)




i love adding texture (and dimension!) to my projects, so this was super easy. here's my card:





i dry embossed the inside of the polaroid and then rubbed my white chalk ink over it. i was going for a blustery winter day look. i also added accentuated the dry embossing with some extra pops of my white viva pen. i also added some glossy accents to the milk; love that effect!




all of the stamps (lawn fawn, baby!) were paper pieced - of course. i tried to hide the penguins (a dad and a little boy in my mind!) as if they were the ones creating the card. the dad penguin is supposed to be trying to sneak a cookie!



so that's my card! it was totally inspired by my cookie-monster husband and my 3 year old mann! :)

enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Well, I see LOTS of cuteness on this card! :)
    I totally love the "not daddy" part. Haha! Very clever and cute!... Fabulous job on the texture details with the dry embossing too. I'm so glad you entered this FUN card into the Lawnscaping challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA! Your sentiment is fantastic! Made me laugh out loud!!!!! What a great job with the embossing and dimension! You had fun with this challenge and I can tell in your card! It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cleaver! I can see lil Mann telling Big Mann that they are not for him!! lol! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha!!!Funny card! Brilliant idea! LOVE this card!! Thank you for playing at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D