Monday, December 5, 2011

lawnscaping challenge guest designer!

i am beyond honored and excited and (and nervous!) to be a guest designer at the lawnscaping challenge!!









i still can't believe it! the challenge this time is super fun - to make a tag or treat bag! awesome!! i love being able to use my lawn fawn stamps for a project other than a card!






so, here are my bags.



first the fronts:









i created the bags using standard card envelops, how fun is that? if you're curious as to how i did that, here's a video tutorial (from the hero arts blog) that shows you the steps!




then the backs:












i used lawn fawn's 'making frosty friends', 'critters in the forest', 'pa-rum-pa-pum-pum', 'frosties', and 'cozy christmas'. i love mixing all of the stamp sets together! all of which were paper-pieced! i wanted to make these gift bags for christmas, but not with the traditional colors!




the pink bag was clear embossed with the hero arts 'magical background' cling (the same stamp was used for the other bag too!). fun note i discovered with the snow pen i have - if you sprinkle glitter on it before you heat it to make it puff up, the glitter stays - hence my sparkly snow on the white/blue bag!







so those are my bags! thanks so much for stopping by, and don't forget to participate in the challenge at lawnscaping!!

3 comments:

  1. Magical Background is my absolute favorite! Cute bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Congrats!!! You're soooo awesome!!! I am so glad your my friend!!!!! (insert tears!) Those bags are super cute! I have added that background to my wish list at Simon Says Stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! CUTE TREAT BAGS! LOVE LOVE!!!!!!! Thank you so much for guesting with us for this challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D