Saturday, December 31, 2011

oh boy, a bundle of joy!



i think it's quite apparent that i am a lover of all things lawn fawn...i mean what's not to love about their stamps? cute, fun, cheery and just all around amazing! yes please!


with that said, it was a no brainer that i was going to try my hand at the challenge going on over at lawn fawn - i mean, i get to play with lawn fawn stamps...yes please! :) the challenge is being held to find some cards to be showcased in lawn fawn's cataloge and booth at the winter CHA - craft & hobby association! so exciting!!




with that said, here's my card! it's not the first card i made for this contest, but it's my favorite so far! :)




i hand drew a cloud card template and then created the card with the assistance of this handy dandy lawn clippings video!


the stamp set i used is 'plus one'. the stork is paper pieced; on the bundle i heat embossed the teeny tiny star stamp from that set. i also heat embossed the sentiment. then, (and this is my new favorite technique/thing to do on cards) i used the two heart images from that set and stamped them in white ink. i used my glass accent to color in the hearts and then sprinkled them with glitter...it's SUPER fun! and i've found the glitter tends to stick better - read: it doesn't get all over your hands and everything else it touches. :)




so that's my card! hope it made you smile!


i would really love for one of my besties to tell me they're expecting so i can send them this card...hint hint!! :D ha ha!

enjoy! and happy new year!!

may your 2012 be filled with inky fingers and crafty masterpieces!

5 comments:

  1. OMG that is the best hand drawn cloud shape EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cute!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! The cloud shaped card is PERFECT! And I love your paper-piecing on the little bundle. Best of luck to you, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D