Monday, December 12, 2011

wee memories christmas card



i have a christmas card to share today! it's for the current challenge over at wee memories - holiday themed!



and that's perfect, as i'm scrambling (as usual!) to get the last of my christmas cards made and sent! :)

here's my card!



i tore some white cardstock and then rubbed down the edges so it would have some texture and maybe even look a little 'snowy'!




and, oh, what a surprise, i used lawn fawn stamps! :) 'fly free', 'critters in the burbs', and 'pa-rum-pa-pum-pum'! i used the train puffs of smoke as popcorn on the tree! all of the other stamps were paper-pieced and i even added some white chalk ink on the belly of one of the birds - that was fun and a little messy. two things i love when crafting! :)





the tree and birds were popped up for some dimension! and i added some bakers twine around the tree as the string that holds the popcorn! :)



it's a simple card, but i really like the colors!

enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I love your popcorn! Cute and so clever! I may have to make some popcorn myself one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Train puffs as popcorn! holy moly, this is brilliant! How clever. I wish I had your eye! This is fantastic!!!!!! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo clever! Just love the whole layout and how brilliant using the train puffs for popcorn! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D