Monday, June 18, 2012

sometimes...

so this is a card i made for the market street stamps june 'paint the town' challenege! it's the first time i've ever played along, but i know it won't be my last. LOVE their stamps! :) couple that with the amazing color combo...yeah, i'm hooked! 



one of my favorite stamp sets is this 'gone campin' set! i don't know why! i'm not even a camper! but for some reason, i'm all over it! ha! and that mosquito image...cracks me up!! so i'm using it again on this card!




the mosquito and campfire images are paper pieced and popped up. 
the wings on the little guy are glossi-fied and i even added a hint of sparkle on his cheek! 



i splashed the card with  mr. huey's clay spray and used the same sort of shade for the sentiment, which again...i can't get enough of!! lol! it just makes me laugh!


add some twine in a bow, and this clean and simple card is complete! :)
i really liked how it turned out, and i can't wait to send it and make a certain someone laugh, on their bad day! :)


enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. i love it!! i have been wanting to get splashy with hueys! I must bring them with me this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm completely drawn to this set, too, Samantha! One of my faves. Although, I am a camper ;). LOVE your fabulous glossy and glittery accents! Way to pay attention to the details! Thanks so much for playing in this month's Paint the Town Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D