Monday, December 17, 2012

believing in magic

so i made a quick little christmas card today! my christmas cards have been done and sent for a few weeks now, but i wanted to send a second one to my grandpa! :) (my little ones call him grandpa-grandpa, which i think is hilarious since he's really their great grandpa! ha ha!)

anyway, so i wanted to send another card to my grandpa! hopefully making him smile and think of us! :) and the paper smooches sparks cool shades challenge was the PERFECT jumping off point for me! :)


the colors scream christmas - and that punch of yellow, is just perfect, i think! :) (especially when making a card full of happy!)
i used three paper smooches stamp sets: joyful greetings, chilly chums, and chubby chum pals. ok, are you ready for this? ha ha!!

 
isn't that the cutest seal ever?! ha ha!! he's totally in believing in the spirit of christmas! i used the antlers from the moose in chubby chum pals to make the reindeer ears. and for the nose, i used these super AWESOME 'adornments' from my favorite things which i colored the bottom of red!! rudolph has to have a red sparkly nose, right? the seal is popped up for some dimensional fun. 


and of course i had to hit it with some polka dot green washi! (it's the snow element in this funky christmas card!).

so i hope it made you smile! and i hope it sends lots of cheer and smiles to my grandpa!
enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Awww, this is so cute! I like the antlers that you gave him! He makes me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet of you to send a second Christmas card to your grandpa, Sam! And I'm loving the seal dressed up as Rudolph! TOO cute!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how clever! I love the added antlers and bright nose :) How cute that your kids call their great grandpa "grandpa grandpa" hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK! That is the CUTEST!!! LOVE his red nose and the added antlers! FUN take on this color story! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge--hope you will join in the fun again this week!!! Merry CHRISTmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D