Monday, December 10, 2012

meowy christmas

i made this christmas card for a friend of mine at work (who helps me get through each day with pictures of kittens and funny stories! lol!)
i am entering it in the current challenge over at young crafters unite - which is all about creating holiday cards!


i used three lawn fawn sets: harold's abc's - critters in the burbs, and bows and holly. and i LOVE how it came out!! i wanted to keep it and just look at it, ha ha!!


i paper-pieced and colored the cats to look (as close as i could get them too!) her little cats! i even did a little tiny bit of coloring to one of them to add the right patches of color! the mistletoe i really DID color all of! and i think it made the card because it's so vibrant! i didn't use copics (i only have 5 of those bad boys! lol!) i also added some stickles to the little berries for some bling, and a teensy, tiny dab of glassy accents to the noses of the kitties!! lol! 


the custom sentiment i made is what really brings it all together! lol! i showed it to my husband, and he just rolled his eyes! lol! but it's going to be perfect for my friend!! 

hope you are starting out the work week on a good note! i can only hope that this week goes by fast! 
enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Too cute! It reminds me of this stuffed cat I have. When you press it, the cat starts singing Christmas carols. Meowy style. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that is so cute! I'm sure your coworker will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is ADORABLE, Sam!! :D I love 'customizing' animal stamps to look like certain pets, too! :o) Thanks for the smiles!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D