Friday, July 26, 2013

inky paws challenge - sketch

are you ready to get inky? newton's nook designs is having their first inky paws challenge! how exciting!! but wait, don't have any of the brand new newton's nook designs stamps? that's ok! they're offering up a FREE digi to use too! and it's super cute!

the very first challenge is a sketch challenge! my favorite!!
i colored in newton to make him look like my in-law's cat (patches) with my inktense pencils. i went with coloring the image with a grey, instead of black, because i thought the black would look too dark with the lines of the stamp).
i know i know, i'm no artist! but it was as close as i could get! (a picture of their cat is at the bottom of this post) i love that he looks like he's playing with the string for the banner! so fun to mix and match the sets!


i used both 'newton's antics' and 'winged wishes' for my card. i also used my inktense pencils to color in the banner, fussy cut it out and popped it up (like the cat and the yarn).


so that's my card! hopefully it inspires you to get your 'paws' inky and link up to the challenge, too! i can't wait to see what you create! 
enjoy! 

(and here's a picture of my in-law's cat: patches. adorable, right?)

1 comment:

  1. So cute how you colored it to look like your in-laws cat! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D