Monday, February 23, 2015

do what you love

hello!
so, i finally did it! i have been wanting to make a card for the current Runway Inspired Challenge since it went live, but for some reason, it was stumping me!!
ok...truth time - to be fair, i was waiting to see if my abandoned coral distress inks would arrive in time, but i did finally give up the waiting. i decided to make my own coral color! 



isn't that photo just awesome! i LOOOOOVE the geometric/diagonal lines! i was totally inspired by that (and the color, as i mentioned!)! so here's my take:


yeah! i have to say, i had 2 failed cards before this...and one that i thought was up to my standards, but at the last minute, i cast it aside and came up with this idea. which i LOVE! so win-win!

i heat embossed the arrows from the Paper Smooches stamp set Love Struck in white. then i lightly used some dried marigold distress inks and then worn lipstick right over top! instant coral! (almost! ha!)
i sprinkled some water on it, too! ...because...distress ink!! ha!


lastly, i just heat embossed the sentiment from Group Hugs onto some vellum and stapled it to the card! the whole base is popped up and a strip of washi on the side to complete it! it reminded me of the bricks on the side of the photo!
plus, i REALLY love the coral/woodgrain combo!

so thanks for stopping by! i appreciate your looking loo! :)
enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. I always love the look of the distress inks but never use them...you are such an inspiration. I LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is absolutely gorgeous!! And that definitely looks like coral to me! I'll have to make note of that color combo you used to make this color. It's good to know I'm not the only one who scraps cards sometimes.. when I do this, my boyfriend looks at me like I'm crazy and gives me the "why would you do that?!" look lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is some spectacular Samantha! Love how you inked around the arrows and how they follow that stripe pattern as in the photo!
    Nina-Marie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color on this a lot! And the embossed image. I need to do more embossing as I always love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The diagonal arrows and Distress Ink background are awesome! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much movement in this card, it's fantastic! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D