Monday, April 17, 2017

Inky Paws Challenge #45 - Use a Doily

hello again!
today is the start of a new IPC! 
the Inky Paws Challenge has moved to it's own blog!! yay!! you can find it here! :)



this time, we want to see you use those doilies! 



i just love doilies! they're so FUN to add a little texture to projects! i especially love using doilies on scrapbook layouts, so that's what I did here! :)



aw, so cute, right?! ha ha!

I used the adorable Newton Unwinds stamp set and stamped the images in black throughout the page!



my doilies were watercolored with Distress Inks (Cracked Pistachio and Iced Spruce)!! yes!! first I applied some clear gesso. and once it was dry, I just smooched them in the ink! sooooo fun!



i used one under my title, and one under my photo! I also used some embossing paste and a stencil to create a little texture around the photo. love the layers and the stitching!! 


please think about playing along if you are itching to get your paws inky! we would love to see you! 

enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the colors you used and the fun layers of paper and doily around the image! Plus that is the CUTEST cat photo ever!!! Thank you for the Inky Paws challenge inspiration!

    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D